Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Deal of the Week: Greek Key Tray

18" brass greek key tray from Nate Berkus

My obsession with classical Greek art and architecture -- and particularly greek key -- is well documented at this point (see HERE and HERE). I've got bold greek key lamps in my living room and a smattering of the classical motif elsewhere throughout the house. So of course when I spied this brass and mirror greek key tray from Nate Berkus (on sale for $49.99!) over at HSN.com (which has rapidly become my new online shopping obsession -- HSN is so much more than costume jewelry and weird beauty gimmicks these days!), I couldn't resist.

The tray in its new home...my den

This was my first purchase from Nate's line and I was admittedly nervous about the quality as Nate's previous line at Bed, Bath & Beyond was very hit and miss. But, when the tray arrived just a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised by its quality. The tray is large, weighty and looks significantly more expensive in person than its $50 price tag would suggest.

All in all, I'd say it's just about the perfect gift this holiday season for the design aficionado on your list. But caveat emptor: you may want to keep this one for yourself.

16 comments:

Kitty said...

Lovely! Why can't my mom ever send something like this from QVC? It's always indoor herb gardens, electroplated bracelets and strange looking Santas! xo kitty

Anonymous said...

I like it! :-) Great find...

pk @ Room Remix

Clayton Gray Home said...

"Greek key" - such a classic!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

This could happily live in my home! I need to check out HSN! And also, I see a peak of a gorgeous lamp, gold base and black shade...where did you find this beauty? I'm looking for a pair, I broke one of my master bedroom lamps today! :(
Janell

Beth Connolly said...

Looks great!

Christy said...

I love it - and I love that room. Have you shown us that room before? Those couches look soooo comfy! I've never been on hsn before...I might have to try it out!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Very pretty! Ah, trays are awesome.

Jody Harrington said...

HSN?

Dear God.

But I do like the tray very much. Would've made a good Christmas present. Just saying.

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Love this tray and what a great price! I need it now!

Unknown said...

Uhh, very nice! HSN, hmmm?
I'll give it a try!

annechovie said...

Oh! Love it, Averill! Have a great weekend.

Kara said...

Oh Averill - I love that room!! So pretty!

Southern Aspirations said...

GREAT find! Must now check out HSN. Have seen the ads for Nate's stuff there, but wasn't sure... Have a great weekend, Averill!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

OMG - I saw this recently but it didn't have that price attached. I do have a birthday coming. Must cut & paste this to my husbands forehead.

Thanks Averill. You have the best taste. Happy weekend & enjoy the **snow**

Babe in Babeland said...

Hi! First-time commenter...I like your blog!

You've got great taste...I love it! Look forward to reading more...

Sarah Klassen said...

I love this tray, Averill! Such a nice touch -- a little metallic to make the look even more special.

Gorgeous find!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails